- Organization: Fairfax County's Elder Link Program
- Causes: Health, Seniors
- Date(s): Presently needed for a few hours each month
- Contact person: Kristin Martin
- Phone: 703-324-7577, TTY 711
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dfs/olderadultservices/volunteer-sol…
Give a family caregiver of a frail older adult a well-deserved break so they can go shopping, attend a doctor's appointment or just have coffee with a friend. Volunteers visit and oversee the safety of the older adult for a few hours each month. Volunteers are matched with families in or near their own neighborhoods. Support and training is provided.