School personnel, local officials and community athletics organizations participated in a groundbreaking ceremony on Tuesday at Robinson Secondary School to begin turf installation on two fields.
The fundraising efforts of several groups provided the school with synthetic turf for the stadium field and one practice field. The practice field will also have lights installed, allowing for night events, according to the school's athletic booster club.
In the photo, left to right, are:
- John Eskandary, president, Northern Virginia Soccer League (NVSL)
- Steve Groff, Fairfax County Neighborhood and Community Services (NCS)
- Jeff Ferrell, director of Student Activities, Robinson Secondary School
- Steve Bergstrom, treasurer, Braddock Road Youth Club (BRYC)
- Daniel Meier, principal, Robinson Secondary School
- Marcia Pape, member, Fairfax County Athletic Council
- Anita Hood, secretary, Northern Virginia Soccer League
- David Bulova, member, Virginia House of Delegates (37th District)
- John Cook, Braddock District supervisor, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors
- Sharon Stark, District director, Office of Congressman Gerry Connolly (Va.-11)
- Mark O'Meara, president, Robinson Rams Athletic Boosters Club
Tom Lizardo of Robinson’s Athletic Boosters provided this information to Patch.