Irving Middle School: Teacher Appreciation Week, Book Sale and More
Events for the week of May 7 - May 11, 2012
These events are scheduled at Washington Irving Middle School this week:
1. Teacher Appreciation Week is May 7 - 11. Parents are invited to join the celebration with thank yous to WIMS teachers for their hard work.
2. Book Fair - The WIMS Library hosts its spring book fair Monday, May 7 – Friday, May 11. Evening hours are on Wednesday from 6 - 8 p.m. and during late bus times on Monday and Thursday.
3. Yearbooks - Yearbooks are $25. Please send your student with a check made out to WIMS or cash in the exact amount to room 155 to preorder a yearbook. No forms are necessary.
4. SOL testing dates for this spring are listed below. Please try to avoid making appointments during the week of the SOLs so your child is able to test in the environment he/she is accustomed.
May 21 – 7th grade Reading 8 - 11 a.m; 8th grade Civics 12 - 3 p.m.
May 22 – 8th grade Reading 8 - 11 a.m; 7th grade History 12 - 3 p.m.
May 23 – 7th grade Math 8 - 11 a.m; 8th grade Science 12 - 3 p.m.
May 24 – 8th grade Math 8 - 11 a.m
5. Calendar – With the shortening of the school year, we have adjusted the dates for some of the events that will take place at the end of the year.
- The Choir concert scheduled for June 14 has been moved to Wednesday, June 13 at 7:00 pm in the 8th grade gym.
- 8th Grade Dance and Team Day will be held on Thursday, June 14, from 6 - 8 p.m.
- Last Day for Students (full day of school) is Friday, June 15.
6. PTA Information - The next meeting is Tuesday, May 8, at 7pm in the library. Please join us as we vote in our candidates for the 2012-2013 PTA Board. The slate of candidates is as follows: Bob Ingegneri - President, Kathy Stemetzki - Vice President, Steph Earle - Treasurer, Denise Rogers - Secretary.
7. After School Program Survey - Please take a moment to take a survey about the After School Program. Your input and feedback, even if your student did not participate in the program, are important. You can access the survey at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XHT38VP
Washington Irving Middle School provided this information.