View Springfield Sexual Assaults in a larger map
A 49-year-old woman reported she was grabbed and groped Tuesday around 10:30 a.m. on Blarney Stone Drive in the Springfield area.
The woman reported being grabbed from behind on the road before the suspect assaulted her, according to Fairfax County Police.
The department's public information office said the woman is the 12th victim in a series of sexual assaults they believe are related.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male between the ages of 25 and 30 and about 5-foot-6 inches tall. He was wearing a red hat, black jacket and blue skinny jeans at the time of the incident.
FCPD received a similar report less than a month ago on Nov. 21, when a 36-year-old woman was also grabbed and groped from behind. The police believe the multiple incidents are connected and are currently investigating the cases.
Keep up with Kingstowne news and events by signing up for our newsletter. Learn more here!
See More on Patch
- State Delegate to Police: Why Are Serial Groper Incidents 'Simple Assault,' Not Sexual Assault?
- FCPD Detectives Following Up on Serial Groper Tips
- More Than 200 Pack Serial Groper Meeting Thursday Night in Springfield
- Police Investigate Possible 22nd Assault in Serial Groper Attacks
- Police Still in Search of Suspect in Serial Groping Incidents