View Burke 1/25 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Jan. 23 from the Franconia, West Springfield and Sully police districts of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Assault (blue on map), 5:45 p.m., Jan. 7, 9300 block of Kite Street, A 19-year-old victim reported that someone she knows allegedly stabbed her. This was a result of a continuing argument from the night before. A warrant for malicious wounding has been issued for the 20-year-old suspect. The victim was transported to the hospital with nonlife-threatening injuries.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Robbery (red on map), 3:30 p.m., Jan. 18, 9600 block of Minstead Court, A 12-year-old victim reported he was walking home when an unknown individual stopped and demanded money. The victim refused. The suspect grabbed the victim, took a key and tossed it away. The victim was not injured. A possible suspect has been identified and the case is still under investigation.
Burglary (green on map), 5:35 p.m., Jan. 22, 8200 block of Carrleigh Parkway, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole several gaming system games. Entry was made through an unsecured front door.
Graffiti (purple on map), 2:15 p.m., Jan. 19, 6100 block of Covered Bridge Road, A resident reported the graffiti was found on his front gate. He was removing it.
Larcenies (yellow on map):
- Coffer Woods Road/High Bluff Court, tools from vehicle
- 7700 block of Groveland Heights Court, tools from vehicle
- 5800 block of Kara Place, GPS and sunglasses from vehicle
- 9800 block of Lakepointe Drive, GPS, laptop computer and electronic device from vehicle
- 8000 block of Langbrook Road, cell phone and cash from residence
- 10100 block of Marshall Pond Road, GPS and tools from vehicle
- 8400 block of Old Keene Mill Road, electronic device from business
No vehicle thefts were reported at the time.
See More on Patch
- Daily Crime Report: Man Exposes Himself on Burke Center Parkway
- Daily Crime Report: Unknown Man Enters Home on Lake Meadow Court Tuesday
- Daily Crime Report: Wedding Ring Stolen from Residence
- Teenager Reports Sex Assault on Lake Braddock Drive in Burke
- Weekly Crime Report: Three Men Assault Teenaged Boy
Most Popular articles
- 'Jack Diamond Show' Fans: Furious, Frustrated Over 107.3 Change
- New FedEx Store Opens in West Springfield
- 'Love Your Show Babe:' Jack Diamond Exits MIX 107.3 FM
- Retiring at 50: Could You Follow This Woman's Extreme Savings Plan?
- Robinson Secondary, West Springfield High School Students Awarded Certificates for Writing