Save Money and Energy: Winterize Your Home
Ten winter energy saving tips from Virginia Dominion Power.
Dominion Power presented ten energy saving winter weather tips on their website. In summary:
- Lower your thermostat to 68 degrees.
- Seal air leaks.
- Seal off fireplaces.
- Seal duct work.
- Lower water heater to 120-125 degrees.
- Change furnace filters every month.
- Weatherstrip doors and windows.
- Insulate water pipes coming from the water heater.
- Add an insulation blanket to water heater.
- Add insulation to attic.
What do you do around your home to save energy? Tell us in the comments.