Top Six Most Dangerous Intersections in the West Springfield Police District
Braddock Road and Ox Road had the highest number of wrecks on the list.
Of the six most dangerous intersections in the West Springfield Police District for 2010, four were along Braddock Road.
These statistics were based on the number of accidents that happened within the intersections or within close proximity of them. CPO J.T. Frey provided these statistics with the help of crime analyst Angelique Abbott. Frey said that the police have conducted high visibility enforcement at several of these intersections to help reduce accidents. He stated that many of these accidents were caused by driver error or inattentiveness.
Intersections with the Highest Number of crashes within the boundaries of the West Springfield District for 2010:
- Braddock Road/Ox Road (Fairfax) – 20
- Braddock Road/Southampton Drive (West Springfield) – 16
- Old Keene Mill Road/Rolling Road (West Springfield) – 16
- Braddock Road/Ravensworth Road (North Springfield) – 16
- Braddock Road/Burke Lake Road (West Springfield) – 15
- Burke Lake Road/Rolling Road (Burke) – 15