Here's a quick roundup of five things to help you navigate your day.
- A 17-year-old Fairfax teenager was killed Tuesday morning when he was struck by a passing vehicle while he walked along Route 66. Virginia State Police said Wednesday the teen's death would be considered a suicide.
- Do you love sandwiches? Great Harvest Bread Company will begin serving sandwiches, espresso, smoothies and more at their Burke location starting Saturday.
- There will be a Burke Toastmasters meeting Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at the Oaks Community Center, located at 5708 Oak Leather Drive.
- Have you visited Burke's museum yet? The seating area of Rudy Shields' State Farm office in Burke has a small collection of historical artifacts connected to Burke's history. You can view our gallery of the collection here.
- Attorneys General for the District of Columbia and Virginia, along with five other states, joined a U.S. Justice Department civil antitrust lawsuit Wednesday to prevent the proposed $11 billion merger of US Airways and American Airlines.