- Have you seen a man matching this description? Fairfax County police are still searching for a suspect connected to an assault and attempted burglary in Burke on Friday.
Read: Police: Burke Woman Assaulted During Attempted Burglary
- A Little Event Like the Summer Olympics: DC 2024 launched Tuesday to prepare Washington's bid to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. Fairfax County Supervisor Pat Herrity in a statement played up his county's potential contribution to the event, noting the 2015 World Police and Fire Games would offer a preview of how the logistics would work. The Police and Fire Games are expected to draw more than 12,500 athletes from 70 countries. How many athletes did the 2012 Olympics draw to London? About 10,500.
- The Fairfax Choral Society Youth Choruses will host auditions today at Annandale United Methodist Church, located at 6935 Columbia Pike in nearby Annandale. Auditions have to be scheduled in advance by calling 703-642-3277.
- Collect for Kids: School starts next week, but there's still time to help the 47,000 Fairfax County Public Schools students who are eligible for free or reduced-price lunch gear up for the first day. The Collect for Kids program allows interested parties to donate cash, backpacks and calculators. More info here.
- Need to replace your lost car registration tab? You're in luck: the Department of Motor Vehicles customer service van is coming to Fairfax! The van will be parked at the Fairfax County Government Center on Thursday.