As you make your end of year charitable donations, I hope you will consider donating to FABB.
Fairfax Advocates for Better Bicycling (FABB) is a volunteer organization that advocates for bicyclist safety, rights, and facilities. We need funds to print materials like our award-winning bicycle accommodations guide, host our website with up-to-date information on bicycling in Fairfax, and participate in key meetings. Can you help FABB with a year-end tax deductible donation today?
Among our main goals for 2012:
- Begin implementing the Tysons Bicycle Master Plan.
- Help complete the Countywide Bicycle Master Plan (the Burke/Springfield meeting is January 24 at 5:30 pm at the Springfield District Office).
- Encourage more kids to bike to school (Safe Routes to School)
- Form a bicycle advisory committee for the Northern Virginia VDOT District office.
We had a very productive 2011. Some of what we accomplished in Fairfax:
- Joining with Burke Walks Safe and Green and community organizations to address safety and access issues to and Burke Center Parkway.
- Planning for the future with the Tysons and Countywide Bicycle Master Plans
- Launch of International Bike and Walk to School Day in twenty six local schools.
- Bike commuting and safety education including our bike light giveaway program.
- Community outreach including bike rodeos and Bike to Work Day.
- Speaking to many boards, local commissions, and elected officials.
- Working with transportation staff on the safe design of our roads.
- Communicating with VDOT and others to maintain current facilities including keeping the Wakefield Pedestrian/Bike Bridge across I-495 open during construction.
Thank you from all of FABB and our Chairman, Bruce Wright!