Supervisor Pat Herrity, the Springfield District Council, the Virginia Department of Transportation and the Fairfax County Department of Transportation will discuss the improvements taking place along Fairfax County Parkway during a town meeting Tuesday at 7 p.m. at Robinson Secondary School.
Although there are some successes with the improvements along this major road, it has caused significant congestion. The town meeting will take place to "get in front of the problem and establish a vision for its long-term future before we wake up and find the Parkway as congested as I-66," according to a recent news release.
The following will be discussed during Tuesday's meeting:
- Sharing the history of the Parkway
- Giving current and projected levels of traffic
- Explaining improvements that are currently planned
- Discussing possible future solutions and plans that should be considered
- Providing an open forum for residents to give their views and offer their own visions for the Parkway