Patch has found a variety of events for you to choose from as you make your Sunday plans.
- Where: Frying Pan Farm Park, Herndon
- When: Saturday, August 4 from 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Sunday, August 5 from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. (Limited hours and events on Friday, August 3.)
- Why Go: This event involves 4-H participants from all over Fairfax County. Featuring classic fair attractions such as carnival rides, food and exhibits. Enjoy a special “Sneak Peek” Friday, August 3 with rides, games and an outdoor showing of the movie Cars 2 after dark.
- Price: See website for details.
- Where: Dulles Expo Center, Chantilly
- When: Saturday, August 4 and Sunday, August 5 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Why Go: LEGO enthusiasts will have over 100,000 square feet of creations on display. There will also be a “Stay and Play” room, vendors and more.
- Price: Admission is $10; Kids 3 and under are FREE
- Washington Metropolitan Philharmonic Association Summer Chamber Music Series presents Washington Camerata at The Lyceum, Alexandria. Sunday, August 5 at 3 p.m. FREE.
- at Fort Hunt Park, Alexandria. Sunday, August 5 at 7 p.m. FREE.
- Spotlight by Starlight presents Buckwheat Zydeco at Mason District Park, Annandale. Sunday, August 5 at 7:30 p.m. FREE.
- Lizards at Ellanor C. Lawrence Park, Chantilly. Sunday, August 5 at 10 a.m. For ages 2 and up. $5 - $7 per person – Registration Required.
- Dinosaur Dig at Hidden Oaks Nature Center, Annandale. Sunday, August 5 at 1 p.m. For ages 4 and up. $7 - $9 per person – Registration Required.
- Paddle the Occoquan at Fountainhead Regional Park, Fairfax Station. Sunday, August 5 at 6:30 p.m. For ages 12 and up. $25 per person – Reservations Required.