It's Friday the 13th, but if you're a French Fry lover, it's your lucky day.
BGR The Burger Joint is celebrating National French Fry Day with free fries at BGR The Burger Joint’s Washington area locations, including its Springfield restaurant at 8420 Old Keene Mill Road.
Everyone who visits between 3 and 8 p.m. will receive free fries, limit one per person.
BGR The Burger Joint's other area locations are:
- 106 North Washington Street, Alexandria
- 3129 Lee Highway, Arlington
- 3024 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington
- 46230 Cranston Street, Sterling
- 1514 Connecticut Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. (DuPont Circle)
The exact origin of French fries is unknown, but one theory dates them to 17th century Belgium where residents often cooked small fried fish to accompany their meals. "When weather conditions made it too dangerous to go fishing, they cut up potatoes in long, thin strips -- to resemble the fish -- and fried them," according to Punchbowl.