You can certainly eat one free stack of pancakes on one day in March in support of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. This year, you also can compete to win free pancakes for a year on Feb. 19
National Pancake Day is March 4 and one free stack is a staple at IHOPs everywhere. Before that, several area IHOPs will be hosting a pancake eating contest where the winner at each restaurant will win a trophy and free pancakes for a year.
Interested participants need to register at a participating IHOP and pay a $20 registration fee by Saturday, Feb. 15. All proceeds will benefit LLS, including an additional $2 donated by IHOP for every pancake consumed.
On Feb. 19, a teen round (ages 13-17) will begin at 5 p.m. and the 18 and over round begins at 6 p.m.
The LLS mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Eating contest sites include:
- Chantilly IHOP - 13804 Metrotech Drive, Chantilly, VA
- Woodbridge IHOP - 13718 Smoketown Road, Woodbridge, VA
- Gainesville IHOP - 7495 Iron Bar Lane, Gainesville, VA
- Centreville IHOP - 13810 Braddock Road, Centreville, VA
- Hodaley IHOP - 12901 Galveston Court, Manassas, VA
- Quantico IHOP - 3914 Fettler Park Drive, Dumfries, VA
- Burke IHOP- 6419 Shiplett Boulevard, Burke, VA
- Lorton IHOP- 7784 Gunston Place, Lorton, VA