- Consult your physician: Physicians will give you needed recommendations and restrictions for your personal exercise program.
- Consult a senior personal trainer: A senior fitness professional is knowledgeable in functional limitations and possible chronic health conditions or impairments that senior adults may need to look out for.
- Choose an activity you enjoy: If you actually enjoy something you are much more likely to get out of bed and DO IT!
- Start slow: Slow and steady wins the race.
- Listen to your body: If something hurts consult your senior personal trainer.
- Set reasonable goals: Don’t expect to reach your goals instantly. Be patient with yourself.
- Buddy up: If you have a gym buddy or walking partner you will have more fun and hold each other accountable.
- Have fun: Getting fit is all about enjoying your life with the people you love so get fit and go live your best year yet!
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something