A townhouse fire early Friday morning in the 6000 block of Ticonderoga Ct. in Burke has displaced five adults. The location is off of Burke Road near Burke Station Park.
Firefighters were called to the two-story home at approximately 5:50 a.m., according to Fairfax County Fire and Rescue, in a news release. After they arrived, firefighters encountered smoke coming from the front door and second floor windows in the rear and front of the home. Firefighters got the fire under control in about 30 minutes, according to the county.
Once the fire was under control, firefighters ensured the fire was extinguished using extensive overhaul and salvage operations, the news release states.
The Incident Commander determined the fire to be accidental, caused by a heating unit in the basement.
The occupants were able to leave the home when the fire started and were not injured. There were also no fire personnel injuries reported.
Damage to the home is estimated at $75,000. The occupants have declined support from the Red Cross.