Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department firefighters rescued an adult male from a house fire in Burke Wednesday morning.
Firefighters responded to a call about a fire in the 9700 block of Church Way in Burke around 4:05 a.m. Upon approaching the scene, firefighters encountered smoke coming from the garage, rear and second floor of the two-story home.
After hearing reports about a person trapped inside the home, firefighters used a ground ladder to rescue an adult male from a second floor bedroom, according to Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department spokesman Dan Schmidt.
The man was treated and transported to INOVA Fairfax Hospital for non-life threatening injuries. There were no other injuries.
It took firefighters approximately 40 minutes to get the fire under control.
Fire investigators have determined the fire was accidental, caused by an unattended candle in a room on the first floor of the home near the rear of the garage.