reported the following activities in the Burke area for the week ending March 28, 2012.
Maltreatment of Animal, 5000 block of Harford Lane, 3/23/12, 3 p.m. Animal Control Officers responded for a Springer Spaniel/Labrador mix dog and her puppies not being fed or watered and living in filth. The owner, Gerard K. Thompson, 21, of Burke was charged with being an unfit owner, unsanitary conditions, no county animal license, and no proof of rabies vaccination. All the dogs were checked by a veterinarian prior to going to the animal shelter.
Unlawful Entry, 9400 block of Wooden Glen Avenue, 3/24/12, 7 a.m. The homeowner reported an unknown man sleeping on the couch. Timothy J. Renkiewicz, 26 of Burke, was still sleeping on the couch when officers arrived. He was charged with unlawful entry and possession of marijuana.
Larceny/Destruction, 8400 block of Blue Oak Court, 3/26/12, 3:30 a.m. A citizen reported a suspicious event. Officers found a stolen vehicle with car parts inside. After searching the area, Stefon D. Janey, 19, of Alexandria and Michael Roane, 21 of Washington DC, were located and charged with grand larceny.
Burglary, 6800 block of Gillings Road, 3/27/12, between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The homeowner reported someone enter her home and stole jewelry and computer equipment. It is believed entry was made through an unlocked rear door.
Burglary, 5900 block of Heritage Square Drive, 3/27/12, between 8 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. The homeowner reported jewelry and computer equipment stolen from the home. It is unclear how entry was made.
Burglary, 9000 block of Okeith Court, 3/28/12, 10 p.m. The homeowner reported someone entered and stole several electronic items and cash. Forced entry was made through a rear door.
- 5500 block of Akridge Court - Wallet from business
- 10600 block of Braddock Road - Plants from business
- 9200 block of Burke Lake Road - License plates from vehicle
- 9200 block of Burke Lake Road - Cell phone from school
- 7600 block of Fullerton Road - Keys from business
- 7100 block of Galgate Drive - Cell phone from business
- 8500 block of Gambel Oak Drive - Hubcaps from vehicle
- 4700 block of Guinea Road - Generator and tools from vehicle
- 8100 block of Langbrook Road - Tools from vehicle
- 8400 block of Springfield Oaks Drive - Tires from vehicle
- 9600 Timsmith Lane - Cell phone from school
- 6200 block of Wilmette Drive - Jewelry from residence
Countywide Weekly Arrests for Selected Charges
Domestic violence-related charges: 40
Illegal drug-related charges: 81
DWI-related charges: 42
For questions about this blotter, email Burke Patch Editor Susan Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org.