The serial groper has likely struck again, for the 18th time. Fairfax County Police detectives are investigating "what they consider to possibly be the 18th incident in this series," a news release from FCPD Thursday reads.
Officers responded to the 6600 block of Grey Fox Drive in Springfield Wednesday shortly after 5 p.m. for the report of a 21-year-old woman who had just been assaulted. Wednesday's incident took place about five miles from the last incident, which took place Jan. 30. Both took place on a Wednesday in the afternoon.
The victim was walking alone Wednesday when the suspect approached her from behind, grabbed her buttocks and then fled, police said. The victim was not injured.
The suspect was described as white or possibly Hispanic, 5 feet 6 to 5 feet 8 inches tall, and approximately 180 pounds. He was wearing a gray T-shirt with blue sleeves, dark sweatpants, white sneakers and a cloth partially covering his face.
Detectives are also releasing a new composite sketch of the suspect involved in the two incidents reported on Wednesday, Jan. 30. In both of those cases, the suspect was described as having acne or shaving bumps on his cheeks.
The dates and locations of the groping incidents are:
- Sept. 7 at approximately 8:30 a.m. around the 7200 block of Monticello Boulevard
- Sept. 9 or Sept. 13 at approximately 7:30 p.m. around Cumberland Drive and Dinwiddie Street
- Sept. 18 at approximately 2:45 p.m. around the 6700 block of Metropolitan Center Drive
- Sept. 19 around Hibbling Avenue and Exmore Street
- Sept. 27 at approximately 9 a.m. around the 5900 block of Erving Street
- Oct. 2 at approximately 7:15 p.m. around the Hibbling Avenue and Exmore Street
- Oct. 25 at approximately 9:30 a.m. around Lake Pleasant Drive and Edinburgh Drive
- Nov. 1 at approximately 4 p.m. around the 7200 block of Commerce Street
- Nov. 1 at approximately 4:30 p.m. around the 6000 block of Hibbling Avenue
- Nov. 19 at approximately 6 p.m. around the 7200 block of Commerce Street
- Nov. 21 at approximately 1:20 p.m. around Amherst Avenue and Cumberland Avenue
- Dec. 11 at approximately 10:28 a.m. around the Blarney Stone Drive near Omega Court
- Dec. 13 at approximately 9 a.m. on Floyd Avenue and Erving Street
- Dec. 13 at approximately 5:45 p.m. around the 6000 block of Hibbling Avenue
- Jan. 3, at approximately 5:45 p.m. around Patriot Court and Briarwood Court
- Jan. 30, at approximately 3:10 p.m. Dinwiddie Street near Dana Avenue
- Jan. 30, at approximately 3:35 p.m. Backlick Road and Cabin John Road/I-495 underpass
- Feb. 6, at approximately 5 p.m., 6600 block of Grey Fox Drive