A gas-fed fire caused an estimated $150,000 in damages to a two-story home on Davis Field Lane in the Pohick community Wednesday night, according to a recent news release.
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units responded to the call Wednesday around 7:50 p.m. Firefighters encountered smoke and fire coming from the left and rear sides of the two-story home upon arrival and immediately conducted fire attacks to bring the fire under control within 20 minutes.
Neighbors, including Linda Nolte, called 911 at about 7:45 p.m.: "I heard a boom," she said. "I came outside and saw a line of fire along the side of the house. I saw a guy trying to put it out with a hose so I ran inside to find the phone."
The fire and rescue team also conducted extensive salvage and overhaul operations after putting out the fire. The family was not home when the fire started, and no one was injured during the incident. Two adults and three children were displaced by the fire. The incident is currently under investigation.
Keep up with Burke news and events by signing up for our newsletter. Learn more here!