Springfield District Supervisor Pat Herrity and former first lady will be on hand Saturday to help open a Republican campaign headquarters in Springfield.
Herrity and Allen will participate in the grand opening of the office at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at 6320 Augusta Drive, Suite 900.
The office, dubbed the Springfield Victory Office, will be a local headquarters for election efforts to help GOP candidates:
- Presidential candidate , former governor of Massachusetts who hopes to unseat
- Former Virginia governor and former U.S. Senator (Susan Allen's husband), running against fellow Virginia governor,
- Congressman of the 10th District, who faces opposition from
- , who is running against in the 11th District
- , who is running against in the 8th District
Campaign donors in and around Springfield ZIP codes are giving to both presidential candidates, according to the Virginia Public Access Project:
- 22151: 49 percent to Obama, 51 percent to Romney
- 22122-22150: 75 percent to Obama, 25 percent to Romney
- 22152: 50 percent to Obama, 50 percent to Romney
Elections are scheduled for Nov. 6.