Crazy about the Bruins or are you a fan of the Spartans?
Patch is looking for bloggers for the fall sports season, including football, field hockey, girls volleyball, cross country and cheerleading.
- Blogging is quick, easy and free.
- You can blog as much as you want or as little as you wish.
- There are no deadlines or requirements.
- You can upload photos too.
Blogs are featured front and center on the Burke Patch homepage. As soon as you post, the community can join your discussion.
After your blog is live, feel free to post it on your Facebook page and Twitter account. We’ll share your post with the community in our daily Patch newsletter.
1. Go to the Burke Patch homepage.
2. Click on “Join” on the upper right side of the page.
3. Follow the instructions to confirm your account.
4. Log in and click on your name in the upper right.
5. Click on “Edit Profile” on the right and add a photo and a brief bio.
Here’s how to start a blog:
Once you’re logged in, go to the homepage.
- On the homepage scroll down to “Who’s blogging?” which is below the “What People are Saying” feed.
- Click on the “Start Blogging” button at the bottom right of the “Who’s Blogging” module.
- Complete setup by entering the name of your blog description and choosing or uploading a blog icon image.
- Click on “Create Your Blog."
- Now you can “Write Your First Post,” “Dress Up Your Blog” or tell people about it.
- For your first blog you need a category, a brief description, a photo and to place text in the body of the article.
- Click “Post Now” or if you aren’t ready to post, save it as a draft and come back to it later.
Patch bloggers are not paid and they own the content they produce. If you’re already blogging and want to share with Patch readers too, let us know by contacting Patch Community Editor Jessie Biele at email@example.com.