- The Friends of Burke Centre Library will host a summer book sale specifically for kids and teens Monday. The book sale will include gently used books for all ages. The sale lasts from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the hallway of the Burke Centre Library.
- LEGOS and robotics – parents, need we say more? First LEGO League is a robotics program for 9- to 14-year-olds designed to get children excited about science and technology. Fairfax County Libraries want you to know that your local library is a great place for groups such as First LEGO League to meet. Join library staff for an information session to show you how you and other local parents can start your own First LEGO League meetup at the library, this Tuesday, Aug. 13 at the Burke Centre Library. Click here for more information on how to RSVP.
- Author Stephen Hayes will visit the Burke area this week and discuss his new book, Light on Dark Water, which is based on his experiences both sailing and in the Vietnam War. The event is from 7-8 p.m. on Thursday at the Kings Park Library. There will also be a book signing after the discussion.
- The Falls Church Concert Band will take the stage and bring their big band sound to Lake Accotink Park on Friday from 7:30-8:30 p.m. for the Braddock District's Braddock Nights summer concert series.
- In the mood for a little Pride and Prejudice? Jane Austen's popular novel turned 200 this year. To celebrate, Green Spring Gardens will host "Pride and Prejudice: A 200-Year Love Affair" on Sunday from 1-3 p.m. at their Historic House. The program costs $29 per person. To register, residents can call 703-941-7987.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something