- Braddock District residents are invited to celebrate Oak Hill Day on Saturday, Sept. 28 from 12-4 p.m. at the Historic Oak Hill Mansion, 4716 Wakefield Chapel in Annandale. Residents will have the opportunity to tour the grounds and learn more about the 18th-century style home. There will be reenactments and refreshments provided by the Annandale High School Culinary program. Supervisor John Cook is one of the sponsors for the event. Details here.
- There will be a Candidate "Meet and Greet" on Sept 30 at 7 p.m. at the Kings Park Library in Burke, located at 9002 Burke Lake Road. Candidates for the House of Delegates from the Braddock District and candidates for Fairfax County Sheriff are expected to attend. The event is sponsored by the League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area.
- Burke Centre Library will host a book sale this week starting on Wednesday, Sept. 25. The sale is sponsored by the Friends of the Burke Centre Library. Details here.
- The Burke Historical Society's next general meeting is Sunday, Sept. 29 at 4 p.m. at the Heatherwood Retirement Community, located at 9642 Burke Lake Rd. During the meeting, Mary Lipsey, a BHS member, will discuss her new book, A Christmas Flight: Aviation Pioneer, Dr. William Christmas.
- The Fairfax County School Board will host an Education Summit at Edison High School in Alexandria, located at 5801 Franconia Rd. on Saturday, Sept. 28 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something