- Literacy Council of Northern Virginia Executive Director Patti Donnelly will visit the Burke Rotary Club on Tuesday at 7:15 a.m. at Brion's Grille, located at 10621 Braddock Rd. in Fairfax. Details.
- The West Springfield District Station of the Fairfax County Police Department will host their first monthly Citizens' Advisory Committee (CAC) meeting of 2014 on Tuesday, Nov. 5 at 7:30 p.m. at the West Springfield District Station, located at 6140 Rolling Rd. in Springfield. Detective Bill Woolf will be the guest speaker. Woolf will discuss human trafficking.
- Lake Braddock Secondary boys' and girls' basketball teams will play West Potomac on Tuesday at 7 p.m. The Bruins will face Robinson Secondary on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at home.
- The next Residential Studios Unit meeting for the Fairfax County Planning Commission Residential Studios Committee is Monday at 7 p.m. in Conference Rooms 4/5 in the Government Center, located at 12000 Government Center Parkway in Fairfax.
- The Fairfax Choral Society Adult Symphonic Chorus is hosting an open rehearsal at 7:30 p.m. on Monday at the Fairfax Presbyterian Church, 10723 Main St. in Fairfax.