- Public Hearing for Proposed Monopole at Lake Braddock Secondary:There will be a public hearing in front of the Fairfax County Planning Commission on Thursday about AT&T's proposal to build a 130-foot tall cell phone tower at Lake Braddock Secondary School. The Planning Commission meeting will begin at 8:15 p.m. in the board auditorium of the Fairfax County Government Center, located at 12000 Government Center Pkwy in Fairfax.
- Countywide CAC Meeting with New Police Chief: Fairfax County Police Department Chief Col. Edwin Roessler will meet and speak with county residents at a countywide Citizens' Advisory Committee (CAC) meeting Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be in the A-level conference room of the Massey Building, located at 4100 Chain Bridge Rd. in Fairfax.
- The Fairfax Symphony Returns: The Fairfax Symphony's second season of “Mischief in Music” starts on Saturday at 8 p.m. at George Mason University's Center for the Arts in Fairfax. The opening performance will include two works by Aaron Copland. Philadelphia Orchestra’s Ricardo Morales will serve as principal clarinetist. Tickets are $25 for the general public and $5 for students ages 6-18.
- Get ready to "Discover Korea": The 11th Annual KORUS Festival kicks off on Friday, Sept. 20 at 5 p.m. in Bull Run Regional Park in Centreville, located at 7700 Bull Run Drive. The festival will feature performances from Korean artists, food vendors selling Korean dishes, demonstrations, contests and more. The KORUS Festival is organized by the Korean American Association of Washington Metropolitan Area (KAAW).
- Time for Football: The Lake Braddock Secondary School varsity football team will play Westfield High School right here at home in Burke on Friday. The game starts at 7:30 p.m.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something