- There will be a "Popstar Hip Hop Camp" hosted by Joy of Dance at the Ponds Community Center, located at 9837 Burke Pond Ln, this week from Monday through Friday. The camp, which is geared at kids ages 6-years-old and up, is from 1-4 p.m. and costs $200 for the full week. To learn more and register for the classes, visit the Joy of Dance website.
- The Braddock Nights summer concert series comes to a close this week, with the final two performances on Friday starting at 7:30 p.m. The City of Fairfax Band "Alte Kameradeen German Band" will perform at Lake Accotink Park and the Bruce Molsky and The Jumpsteady Boys band will perform at Royal Lake Park.
- Virginia gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe will visit nearby Annandale on Saturday during a rally. The rally will be at 4011 Oxford St. around 9:30 a.m.
- Have an avid reader for a teenager? Tuesday's Pohick Prose Society book discussion is the perfect event for them this week. Teenagers 13-18 years old are invited to discuss "Marcello in the Real World" by Francisco X. Stork from 7-8:30 p.m. at the Pohick Regional Library in the Pohick Conference Room.
- The Central Campus Fairfax Choral Society Youth Choruses are holding auditions in Annandale on Wednesday and Thursday at Annandale United Methodist Church, located at 6935 Columbia Pike. Auditions have to be scheduled in advance by calling 703-642-3277.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something