- The Burke Centre Library's Holiday Used Book Sale starts Monday and ends on Tuesday. Details here.
- Students from Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology will make history on Tuesday when NASA launches TJ3Sat satellite into orbit. The satellite is the first satellite built by high school students to be sent into space. Read the full story on the satellite here.
- The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors will meet on Tuesday. The Board will approve grant funding for slate litter prevention and recycling for Clean Fairfax Council, Inc. The full agenda can be found online.
- West Springfield High School's theater department will present "The Lady from Maxim’s" this week. Opening night is Thursday at 7 p.m. and the play runs through Sunday. There will be performance on Friday at Saturday at 7 p.m. and a Sunday matinee on Nov. 24 at 2 p.m.
- The Burke Historical Society (BHS) will have their next general meeting on Sunday, Nov. 24 at 4:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall at Abiding Presence Lutheran Church, located at 6304 Lee Chapel Rd. in Burke. Linda Lau, BHS Treasurer, will give a presentation entitled, “A Celebration of Thanksgiving.”
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something