- Get ready to get creative with duct tape: Shannyn Snyder will host a workshop showing teenagers how to cover everyday items such as a bookbag or a school binder with duct tape at the Pohick Regional Library on Tuesday. The event is from 7-8:30 p.m. in the Pohick Conference Room. You can register online for the event.
- There will be a car seat safety presentation and event on Monday at the Burke Centre Library. Cheryln Jenkins, the creator of the Cozywoggle Car Seat Jacket, will be there and there will also be refreshments.
- The Braddock Nights summer concert series is quickly coming to a close. There are only four concerts left. On Friday, the United States Army Blues band will fill Lake Accotink Park in Springfield with all kinds of jazz-y sounds. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. Lake Accotink is located at 7500 Accotink Park Road.
- Have a passion for writing? There will be a "Writers' Roundtable" for adults at Pohick Regional Library on Wednesday from 7-9 p.m. in the Pohick Conference
- For the second weekend in a row, Green Spring Gardens will host "Pride and Prejudice: A 200-Year Love Affair" to celebrate Jane Austen's popular novel, which turned 200 this year. The event will be on Sunday at Green Spring's Historic House from 1 from 1-3 p.m. The program costs $29 per person. To register, residents can call 703-941-7987.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something