- The Burke Centre Library will host a Halloween party on Thursday from 4:30-5:30 p.m. for kids of all ages. Kids are encouraged to wear their costumes and enjoy an hour of games, music and more. Anyone dressed like a character from a teen or adult book will receive 50 percent for one book from the library sale. Details.
- The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors will have their last October meeting on Tuesday beginning at 9:30 a.m. The Board will address several issues throughout the county. To view an agenda, visit the Board's website.
- Braddock District Supervisor John Cook's office and the Fairfax County Park Authority will host a presentation on Monday about current projects at local parks in the Braddock District. The presentation is from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Kings Park Library Meeting Room in the Kings Park Library, located at 9002 Burke Lake Rd. Details.
- Fairfax Advocates for Better Bicycling will host a Fairfax Bike Summit Saturday to discuss the role of bicycling in the redevelopment happening at Tysons Corner. The summit is from 10 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. at George Mason University in Fairfax. Details.
- Braddock District School Board Member Megan McLaughlin will join a representative from the Children's National Medical Center (CNMC) on Monday for a dialogue about changing school start times for schools in the Woodson High School pyramid. The meeting starts at 7 p.m. and will be in the cafeteria of Frost Middle School, located at 4101 Pickett Rd. in Fairfax. Details.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something