Burke Lake Park
With activities ranging from miniature golf to fishing, Burke Lake Park serves as an all-in-one outdoors destination for Northern Virginia. Children can enjoy the carousel, the train rides through the woods, any of the park's three playgrounds and the ice cream parlor. Exercise aficionados can partake in a 4.7 mile trail, which circles the lake, by foot or by bike. Groups can get together for a pick-up game of disc golf. Though swimming is not allowed at the lake, visitors can bring their own motor boats or rent a boat for fishing or simply to enjoy the view. The park also features outdoor volleyball courts, an amphitheatre, horse shoe pits, picnic areas with grills and camping areas. Non-county residents are charged per vehicle for entry on weekends and holidays from April through October.
- Fax: 703-323-1548
- Hours: The park is open from sunrise to sunset throughout the year. Keep in mind these times change throughout the year; the park will stay open longer in the summer than during the winter.
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking and priority boat docking is available. About a mile of the trail is paved and the rest is hardpacked.
- Parking: Free lot, Paid lot
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: There are several walking trails which afford sylvan reveries far from the maddening crowd.
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Boat dock, Camping, Concert stage, Grills, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Food/drink, Restrooms
- Permit requirements: Adults over 16 are required to have a license to fish.
- Restrictions: No alcohol