Lake Braddock Secondary School
The students in grades 7 through 12 at Lake Braddock Secondary School attend class in rooms outfitted with the latest technology. The high school was ranked #172 by Newsweek in 2009 on a list judging public high schools' ability to challenge their students through a variety of programs. The school features several special programs, including a partial-immersion Foreign Language Program, English for Speakers of Other Languages a Student Ethics Office and a Gifted and Talented Center. Service Learning and volunteer work also makes up a major part of Lake Braddock's school plan.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 4,000
- Male-to-female ratio: Nearly even numbers
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Fully accredited based on tests from pass rates on standardized tests in English, History, Mathematics and Science the year prior.
- Grade levels: 7-12
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Library
- Extracurricular activities available: The Middle School offers several after-school programs, including sports, homework time, tutoring sessions, a Twilight book club, chess club, cooking club, Zumba, science club, tennis and the sewing and fashion club.
- Sports teams: Baseball, basketball, cheerleading, crew, cross country, dance team, field hockey, fooball, golf, gymnastics, lacrosse, rifle, soccer, softball, sports medicine, swimming, tennis, track and field, volleyball and wrestling.
- Advanced placement courses: Advanced Places are offered in every major discipline. Honors classes are available to prepare underclassmen for AP classes before they are able to take them.
- Student clubs: The school runs a variety of clubs, ranging from political to cultural, academic to social. Student government, musical groups, theatre and yearbook are available for students as well.